Monday, November 8, 2010

Volleyball...

So when I was in high school I played on the school volleyball team. I wasn’t the most valuable player, but I was still pretty good considering I was a year younger than everyone else on the team. The majority of my time went to volleyball because if we were involved in anything else at school, and missed a practice due to it, our coach wouldn’t play us as much. She would hold a grudge over us, or something. Anyways, it was the final OFSAA tournament of my grade 12 year, and I was just about to leave to meet up with my team. My grandma showed up at my house looking completely distraught. It turns out my grandpa had passed away in his sleep. I couldn’t stay to comfort my grandma for long because I really had to go. There, my coach realized I wasn’t myself so I told her what had just happened.
Once we arrived at the tournament, we warmed up and began the match. I wasn’t playing my best, so my coach pulled my off for the rest of that game. After we shook hands with the other team, I pulled her aside and asked her, “How come you didn’t put me back in?” She replied by telling me that I was too emotional to play. I than asked if I was going to play again and she said, “Of course.” But what really happened was that I was never put back in and I missed my grandpa’s funeral. I have such resentment towards her now. If she would have told me that I wasn’t going to be played again, I would have just went back home and go to my grandpa’s funeral for a final good-bye. But NO! She had to be a bitch.


I chose to write this memory because it is something that really affected me. It also has a lot to do with a previous blog about my grandpa. (In Memory…) Thinking of my grandpa made me think of this and I thought this memory would make a good blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment