Monday, November 8, 2010

Chicago is love!

During my grade 12 year of high school, I had the opportunity to go to Chicago on a school trip. I have always found Chicago intriguing, so when I heard about the trip, I had to go! Only problem was the fact that it was over five hundred dollars so I was a bit hesitant to go. I actually considered backing out twice; but both times I was talked back into it.
Once we arrived at Sears Tower in Chicago I noticed that the guy I had flirted with during the summer was on the trip. I instantly got butterflies even though I didn’t remember his name. We just so happened that we went in the same elevator to get to the top of the Sears Tower. He asked me, “You’re Angela right?” I replied by giggling and saying, “Yeah. But I forget your name.” I found out his name was Jordan.
Later we went to a Jazz restaurant for dinner. Naturally I sat down with my girls. A couple minutes later Jordan sat down with us. I got those butterflies again. We talked, we flirted, and it was obvious that we had a connection. By the end of the night we were inseparable. We sat together on the bus, to and from the Blue Man Group, and we stayed up late talking.
The second day after we went to an Improv workshop, we went to China Town. There we walked the streets visiting little Chinese shops. It was almost time to go so before we left I pulled Jordan into a little alleyway and kissed him! It wasn’t the ideal first kiss, but it was cute because he was smiling the whole time. For the rest of that day we held pinkies (because I wasn’t comfortable holding hands yet).
The third and last day we went to an art museum and whenever no one from our group was looking, we would give each other a kiss. We also went to this huge aquarium where we went off on our own. That was nice because when we stopped to read something he would hold me.
All of this wouldn’t have happened if I had not gone on the trip, or if Jordan chickened out when he decided to sit with us. After dating a few weeks he admitted that he didn’t plan on sitting with me the first night. If he didn’t, I probably wouldn’t be with him today and I definitely wouldn’t be as happy as I am.


I wrote about this memory because it makes both Jordan and I happy every time we talk about it. It is one of those things that, if things would have went differently, it would be the end of life, as I know it. And who knows what my life would be like now if that guy I who gave me butterflies hadn’t sat with me that night. Whatever the answer may be, I’m glad things turned out the way they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment